Cisco Unified Fabric serves as a primary building block for cloud-based, virtualized, and general purpose data centers. It provides the foundational connectivity and unifies physical, virtual networking, storage, and network services. It offers architectural flexibility and consistent networking across physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
Cisco Unified Fabric, a pillar of the Cisco Unified Data Center, delivers:
- Transparent convergence for LAN and SAN environments
- Industry-leading, multidimensional scalability, including system, fabric, and geographic span
- Sophisticated intelligence
- Transparent data center convergence
New Cisco Dynamic Fabric Automation
Cisco is continuing to evolve its Unified Fabric portfolio, with the introduction of Cisco Dynamic Fabric Automation innovations. These simplify fabric management, optimize fabric infrastructure, and automate provisioning across physical and virtual environments. It significantly improves operational simplicity through superior integration.
Cisco Dynamic Fabric Automation delivers:
- Optimized fabric infrastructure for enhanced efficiency and scale
- Simplified fabric management with Open APIs for ease of operations
- Automated provisioning for greater agility
Application Centric Infrastructure
Cisco introduces Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) to radically simplify the data center. It provides a holistic architecture with centralized automation and policy-driven application profiles that delivers the benefits of software flexibility while retaining hardware performance.